Cafe Staff & Aspiring Baristas
We are looking for great staff to join our team at two of our cafes. The Godfrey Hotel and the Boston Public Market – both in Boston . We take pride in sourcing and roasting the highest quality coffee and offering it to customers along with great service in a comfortable environment.
Production Staff – Acton MA
We are seeking production staff that is detail-oriented and has excellent communication and organizational skills. This individual should be able to stay focused and have the ability to apply common sense in order to carry out tasks/ instructions. Ideally, 1 or more years’ production experience is preferred.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to follow processes, policy and procedures of a coffee roasting company
- Capable of working in a fast paced production environment
- Receiving green coffee/other related items related to production
- Stock shelves/racks
- Bag/seal roasted coffee efficiently
- Work as a team/one unit
- Sense of urgency/ability to switch gears easily when needed
- Ability to lift 75lbs on a regular basis
- Pick/pack customer orders efficiently w/goal of 100% accuracy
- Help maintain, clean production/order fulfillment areas at all times
- Held accountable for the job you do/company you represent
- Potential to learn coffee roasting as a backup roaster
- OR-Experience roasting in the artisan coffee industry a huge plus
- High School Diploma; relevant experience is preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Physical Requirement: bending; stooping; light, moderate and heavy lifting/ carrying; be able lift a full barrel of roasted coffee over head weighing up to 60lbs continuously; as well as lifting and pushing 150lbs waist high,assisted; reaching above shoulder; ability to do a repetitive motion; and the ability to stand and walk for most of the day.
- Mental Requirement: Comprehension, Organization, Reasoning, Communication
- Full Time
- From $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, personal days and holiday pay
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance – we promote from within
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime is available
- Work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- We adhere to a strict COVID-19 control plan.
- One location
How to apply: Please send your resume to HR@Georgehowellcoffee.com.