Bonavita 8 Cup Thermal Carafe Flat Bottom Brewer
This stylish and modern coffee maker with a tempered glass pot brews an 8-cup carafe in about 6 minutes. Perfect for every home coffee shop, this artisan brewer has a classic and minimal design to add a stylish touch to your kitchen or office.
Bonavita One-Touch coffee brewers makes it simple to make a complex and full-bodied cup of coffee at the touch of a button. Featuring a hanging filter basket, the Metropolitan offers curated features that mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method. Created to determine how to best define coffee quality, the Golden Cup Standard measures tastes for ideal coffee flavor intensity and brew strength.
The Metropolitan’s powerful 1500-watt heater maintains an SCA-recommended brewing temperature of 198°-205°F (91°-96°C) for optimal flavor extraction and its glass carafe and heated non-stick base keep your coffee at the perfect temperature for longer. The carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are all dishwasher safe and the plastic is BPA-free. Our specially-designed showerhead is ideal for extraction in small batch sizes and the one-touch brew action with auto-off makes it oh-so simple to use.
• Independently tested, the Metropolitan brews coffee to Golden Cup Standard when following recommended brewing instructions
• 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Brewer
• Performance coffee brewer makes an 8-cup carafe in approximately 6 minutes
• Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains an optimal brewing temperature between 198°-205°F
• Optional pre-infusion mode mimics the artisan pour-over brewing method by pausing the water flow allowing the coffee grounds time to bloom
• Showerhead design facilitates even saturation of coffee grounds
• Audible signal when brewing cycle ends
• Flat bottom filter basket works in partnership with showerhead to provide uniform flavor extraction
• Glass carafe paired with a nonstick warming plate that shuts off after 40 minutes
• Lower wattage warming plate keeps coffee held at ideal 176˚-185˚F as recommended by the Specialty Coffee Association
• One-touch brewing for ease of use.
• Carafe, carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are top rack dishwasher safe and use BPA-free plastic
When placing the filter in the cone, be sure to have the folds facing away from the drain hole. After rinsing the filter, pour the rinse water out of the side opposite the spout. Check to make sure the filter is still suctioned to the wall of the cone, with no air pockets.HOW TO BREW